It has been a very hectic few months for me......finishing off my quilt 'Elenor Jean', selling the farm and moving after 30 years, and preparing everything for the 2014 Stitch in Spring. Due to popular demand, this year's SIS was held over 2 days..... Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st September.....double the days..... and almost double the work. Set up day was on Friday and after a full day of work the Port Campbell Surf Club was transformed from a bare room into a room ready for 67 excited ladies for a day of stitching, laughing, fun and food.
A special handmade goody bag for everyone, (filled with some nice gifts)
Gail designed a handy folder and a cute applique cushion, both using her new fabric range called 'Baskets in Bloom'.
While Leanne designed this gorgeous bag.....check out those yummy handles!
The name tags were ready and waiting for the ladies as they arrived
Once the welcome speech was done, it didn't take long for the ladies to get into stitching their chosen projects
and maybe just a little retail therapy.......which is always good for the soul!
The day seemed to disappear so quickly and it wasn't long before the ladies were packing up their things and heading off home. We quickly tidied up, reset the tables with bags, restocked the shop and headed home to prepare for day 2.
Sunday saw another 67 ladies arrive keen to spend the day with friends and our tutors.
Learning new, or refining already known skills.
It was a fantastic weekend and it seemed to be over so quickly.
I would like to thank:
* Everyone who attended and supported me in running such a successful event once again. Whether you travelled great distances or not, I appreciate your support.
* To the wonderful Leanne and Gail for being such great tutors and designing the lovely projects for the ladies.
* To Jodie and Emma for helping to set up the venue on Friday.
* To Lyndell, Cathryn, Emma and Amy for running the kitchen over the weekend for me (as well as packing up on Sunday afternoon).
* To Hannah for running the shop for me (despite having had sinus during the week)
* To Jill for staying back on Saturday afternoon and helping to 'reset' everything for Sunday.
* A very big thank you to Russell for helping me over the 3 days.....setting up, kitchen work, vaccuming and packing up.
I could not have done it without all of your help.....thank you.
So before I sign off I would like to let everyone know that next year's tutors are Helen Stubbings from Hugs'n'Kisses, and Gai Pan.....Gail has agreed to come back again...she must really love us! Registrations open on Monday 16th March 2015........but I will remind you all know closer to the date......that's if you want to come back.